Being based in Olympia, Washington, one of the most common questions we receive is:
What is a Spring Start Up?
With our unique weather patterns and climate, it is important that we properly maintain our sprinkler systems to get the best performance and value out of them.
At Rain Tech, we strongly adhere to industry standard guidelines that recommend that a professional initiation or start-up be completed with each sprinkler system. After your system has laid dormant for the winter months, it is important to have the system evaluated by our service technician who will:
• Walk entire property (mainline length) to check for leaks or damage.
• Activate and program controller (access necessary).
• Install a new controller backup battery if equipped.
• Check rain sensor for proper operation if equipped.
• Test each zone- confirm proper spray coverage is being achieved.
• Inspect, adjust & clean all sprinkler heads/nozzles/screens.
• Note and discuss any repairs that may be needed.
• Discuss any water efficiency modifications available.
By going through these steps, we will ensure that your system will operate at its best for this upcoming summer season as well as years to come. If you have any further questions or would like more information, please email us or give us a call at 360.236.9939.